References to “you” or “your” shall be taken as references to users of the Site. Use of the Site is restricted to those aged 18 or over only. Anyone under the age of 18 may only use the Site if accompanied by an adult.
We are considered as a data controller („Data Controller”) of our activities. Data Controller information:
– Name: Litikum – Journal of the Lithic Research Roundtable / Attila Király
– Address: H-1088, Múzeum Krt. 4/B., Budapest, Hungary
– Telephone number: +3620475332
– Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Data protection requests
You have the right to complain to any supervisory authority or other public body with responsibility for enforcing privacy laws in your country. In Hungary, you can contact the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (H-1125 Budapest, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 22/C, email@example.com, https://www.naih.hu/general-information.html)
3 What we collect
We may collect personal information about you when you use our website. Personal information refers to the types of personal information that may be collected and used, including:
– Contact data (name, email address, postal address, phone number)
– Nationality, educational and professional information
– Location information such as provided through a mobile app
– Interests and communication preferences including permissions where appropriate
– Website and communication usage information, such as correspondence and details of your use of our Site obtained through cookies or other tracking technologies.
4 How we collect personal information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
– use our Site and the applications therein, which may include the collection of metadata;
– download information from our Site such as scientific papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service;
– contact us outside of our Site, e.g.: via email, phone or postal services
We may enhance the personal data we collect with information we obtain from third parties that are entitled to share that information, as permitted by applicable laws.
5 How and why we use your personal information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information for the following functions.
5.1. Customer and prospects management. Your personal information may be used to:
– manage and administer your use of our Site and the services you have asked us to provide;
– manage our relationship with you;
– provide any information and services that you have requested or that they are required to send you to comply with legal obligations
5.2. Product and service management. To provide a high-standard service and user experience, we may use your personal information to monitor, measure, improve and protect our Site, contents, applications, and services.
5.3. Your use of our publication service. If You publish with the Litikum journal, You agree with the terms laid out in the Publishing Agreement we signed. Your name, affiliation, and contact details of the corresponding author will be published. Your personal information will also be used in connection with the dissemination and promotion of your published work.
5.4. Technologies for effective customer relations and website analytics
To the extent permissible under applicable law our Site, applications and services may contain technology to:
– collect information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
– collect information about how you use our Site, applications, and services, including the emails that you receive from us
– gather statistical information about the location, operating system, and environment from which you access our Site and services.
Any individual whose personal information we process has the right to object to processing. If you wish to do so, we provide the means to delete, revoke consent or opt-out when applicable.
6 Sharing your information
We may share your personal information with third parties who assist in providing our services and in administering our business. Presently these are IT host suppliers, data hosting providers, mailing servers (Tárhelypark), communication tool providers (Microsoft Outlook), and Site analytics (Google Analytics).
Personal information will only be shared with third parties if and to the extent they must provide our products and services to you.
We also may share personal information with government bodies, and any other third party necessary to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Our websites, applications, or services enable you to share information with social media sites. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g. the topic that you marked as interest on that social media site). We are not responsible for the data management practices of those social media sites.
7 Information retention periods
We retain your personal information while we are using it until we are obliged by law to delete it. These are:
– Personal information for contact and correspondence – 1 year
– Personal information in contracts – 5 years after the conclusion of the contract
– Personal information for marketing purposes – until the withdrawal of informed consent concerning personal data handling
We may continue to retain personal information after we have ceased such uses for certain legitimate business purposes (e.g. we will not delete your email address after you withdraw your consent or receive, it to honor your decision in the future). After we no longer need your personal information, it will be deleted or destroyed.
8 Information storage
We are taking appropriate personal, organizational, and technical measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal information retained by us, and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our Site, applications, or services via an internet connection.
9 Your rights
If you are an EU citizen or you reside within similar jurisdiction regarding personal information and data protection, you have the following rights:
You have the right to be informed about our processing of your personal information, our aims, our data retention period, about third parties with whom we are sharing the data, and about further rights concerning our data management practices.
At your request, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal information held by us.
You have the right to correct us. If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
You have the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information.
You have the right to object to the use of your information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests.
You have data portability rights. If there is any information you provided to us on an automated basis, you have the right to acquire it in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent it directly to another company, where technically feasible.
You have the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and the right to complain about the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters.